Thursday, May 14, 2009

Timeless Beauty: Elizabeth Taylor

It seems only fitting that the first post of this blog should be dedicated to one of the most enduring legends of the silver screen, Dame Elizabeth Taylor.

I simply adore Elizabeth Taylor. Dame Elizabeth is both an extraordinarily talented actress and a major fashion icon. A genuine living legend if there ever was one. She is also a dedicated humanitarian who has committed her life to the promotion of social justice. I am deeply inspired by her tireless efforts in the fight against AIDS. Liz is a survivor and a truly courageous, classy woman whom I greatly admire.

"I don't want to be a sex symbol. I would rather be a symbol of a woman, a woman who makes mistakes, perhaps, but a woman who loves." - Elizabeth Taylor

Esquire, November 1964 - I need this magazine!

  • Recommended Viewing: Butterfield 8 (1960), Cleopatra (1963), Who's Afraid Of Virgina Woolf? (1966)
  • Recommended Reading: My Love Affair With Jewelry by Elizabeth Taylor

9 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I need that magazine too! Is that her daughter Liza?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe so. How amazing is that updo?! She's so glamorous, it just kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love her!!!!!

    I saw your post on her twitter page
    Im 'amarie83'

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing... i'm def a cat on a hot tin roof girl tho. sigh. i wish i could be that glam all the time - and that gorgeous men gave me rocks that big ;-D xxxc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments ladies!

    Cassiopeia - I know right?! Not a bad deal if you ask me! Cat On The Hot Tin Roof is another favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love La Liz. She's a survivor, courageous, glamorous and gutsy as all hell -- but definitely Klassy With A "K."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright, I just checked ebay and there is exactly one copy of that magazine avaible for $39 at a buy it now price.

    Hopefully my HTML will work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Elizabeth in person in the very early 60s with Eddie. Never have I seen such beauty, pics do not do her justice. Her coloring and perfect features were mesmerizing. Very petite and bosomy, and oh so gorgeous. No one today even comes close in spite of all the plastic surgery available.

    ReplyDelete